Monday, March 3, 2008

Weddings are in the air

"You've got new mail"
I traced the "subject", hoping to find something like - AW: DEVCR0013115 - FUT in DEV; what I found instead was "Wedding invitation"!
"yaar mere sare doston ki shaadi ho rahi hai", I sighed.
"tere saare doston ki??", two voices echoed at my back; I looked back and found Sheetal and Sudarshan staring and making faces at me.
"Ohh I mean bahut saare doston ki". (Gee! I've got company) :D

I don't want to sound creepy despo.. in fact I am enjoying my "single" status to the max. What makes my heart bleed is the fact how people have confined their lives to their new partner/family/relatives so much so that I am somehow feeling ignored and left-out. So many of my good friends got married/engaged within a span of few months - Poonam, Manoj, Pankaj, Milton, Priyanka, Rani, Shiwani, Preeti.. ohh yeah, how can I forget Rahul and also my cousin-cum-friend (where I have left the ones who are not as close)

These days whenever I see a large intimate group standing at some corner-place, talking and giggling occasionally, I am bound to believe the wedding talks would have found a place somewhere in their gossip; partly due to the fact that it's wedding-season in India.

The other day I was telling Sony, "Hey I am going to my friend's wedding next weekend... sorry you will be all alone on weekend again."
"Dobara kisi friend ki shaadi? Yaar tere saare friends shaadi kar rahe hain, tu kab karegi?" and that left me wondering.. shaadi?? Me?? God.. it's been long since I gave it a serious thought. Openly, I laughed it off saying, "Ladka milne ki der hai".

I hold it true whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

(Lord Tennyson raised the issue in "In Memoriam", written in state of almost suicidal grief after the sudden death of his friend, Arthur Hallam)

1 comment:

Voice said...

What makes my heart bleed is the fact how people have confined their lives to their new partner/family/relatives so much so that I am somehow feeling ignored and left-out.

exactly.. :( though i try to make myself understand that this is bound to happen still .. :(

And yeah tum kab shadi kar rahi ho :P, lekin ushke bad tum (aur) bhi busy... :(